Dauphin-Middle Paxton Joint Public Safety Authority
NOTICE OF 2019 PUBLIC MEETINGS
The Dauphin-Middle Paxton Joint Public Safety Authority will hold public meetings on the following dates during 2019: Wednesday, January 9; Wednesday, April 10; Wednesday, July 10; Wednesday, October 9; and Wednesday, December 11. All meetings commence at 6 PM prevailing time in the meeting room of the Middle
Paxton Township Municipal Building, 10 Elizabeth Avenue, Dauphin, PA 17018. All meetings are open to the public and will be for the purpose of conducting and acting upon general business. Any person with a disability requiring special accommodation to attend a meeting should notify the Authority’s secretary, James H. Fisher, at 717-514-3080 or email email@example.com no fewer than five (5) business days prior to the specified meeting. The Authority will make every effort to provide a reasonable accommodation.
DAUPHIN-MIDDLE PAXTON JOINT PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY
5-YEAR TERM OF APPOINTMENT
- Dianne Price (elected official) 2013 — 2017
- Mike Kurtz 2018-2019
Middle Paxton Township
- James Fisher (elected official) 2016 — 2018 (appointed to serve remaining 2014 — 2018 term of Andy Megonnell)
- Bob Klutas 2017 – 2021
- Matt Smith 2016 – 2020
JOINT PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure continued delivery of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) within the municipalities of Dauphin Borough and Middle Paxton Township;
- Solicit, retain and designate a contracted EMS provider for the Dauphin-Middle Paxton community;
- Enter into a services agreement with the contracted EMS provider fully descriptive of the terms of service and the metrics for timely response to 911 emergency requests;
- Accommodate the facility requirements of the contracted EMS provider; and
- Provide oversight and quality assurance of the contracted EMS provider.
CONTRACTED EMS PROVIDER:
UPMC Pinnacle Community LifeTeam, Inc. is the contracted EMS provider currently designated as the first response EMS unit serving the Dauphin-Middle Paxton community with both professional Basic and Advanced Life Support (ALS) services. When determined necessary by Dauphin County 911, the services of Community LifeTeam can be supplemented or substituted by dispatching neighboring EMS units to provide mutual aid support.
Community LifeTeam, Inc. annually distributes membership applications to all residents of the Dauphin-Middle Paxton community with those subscribing members receiving the following benefits:
- Coverage of co-pay as determined by your health insurance carrier for medically necessary transports
- Coverage of cost associated with the first three (3) refusal of transport(s) per year
- $10 discount for each wheelchair van transport
- Reduced billing rate for members without health insurance, contingent on member forwarding notarized letter to business office stating they have no health insurance coverage
- Discount on ALS assists if health insurance carrier does not provide coverage for ALS service
The annual Membership Drive letter distributed to residents at the end of each year more fully describes the benefits of membership, as well as services not covered by membership. Membership registration or renewal can also be accomplished online at www.UPMCPinnacle.com/LifeTeam. For more information about the services provided by Community LifeTeam, Inc., please call their business office at 717-236-5947.